Finding the best Headphones for commuting isn’t hard with this list.
Best Commuting Headphones
When life kicks in, you can’t help but block it. Whether you are stressed about your manager giving you a hard time, your best friend asking for advice and doing the exact opposite of what you told them, not being able to have your own time after work, or the daily commute – we can’t fix everything. But what we can do is help make your daily commute a little less sucky.
- Finding the best Headphones for commuting isn’t hard with this list.
- 1: Bose QuietComfort 35ii - my favorite
- 2: Sony WH10000XM4 Noise-Canceling Wireless Headphones
- 3: Sennheiser HD 25 Headphones - for the inner DJ
- 4: Beats Studio3 Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones
- 5: Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700
- 6: Audio-Technica ATH-ANC700BT
- 7: Bowers & Wilkins PX Wireless Headphones
- 8: Sennheiser Momentum 2.0
- My final thoughts on choosing the perfect commuting headphones
There’s nothing that good music, an informative podcast, and some standup comedy videos can’t fix apart from the best friend situation—because literally, no one can fix that.
I know, I know. They’re not even a new model, especially with the Bose QC45 Headphones on the way but, they’re still awesome.
The noise-cancelling is excellent, the sound is really good, battery life is plentiful and the comfort is first class. They don’t get hot and uncomfortable over long periods of time and they are light on your head. Even better, as they are now a slightly older model, you should be able to pick up a bargain.
Colour me happy with a set of these for commuting.
To consume content, you need a good pair of headphones. Commuting requires headphones with no sound leakage, so no one judges your music taste.
So, here are the best commuting headphones to make your commute less stressful, more entertaining and just to generally suck a little less:
Looking for incredibly comfortable headphones that won’t hurt your ears after long listening sessions? Get Bose QuietComfort 35ii. My personal favourite and still the pair I pick up for every trip short or long.
- They have a dedicated action button to choose between Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- They are durable and sturdy; a few falls won’t smash them
- They have a battery life of 20 hours
- Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system lets you make crisp calls
- They feature three levels of noise cancelation
- You can connect to two devices at the same time
The Bose QuietComfort headphones do not only deliver excellent quality sound but also come with an incredible noise-cancelation feature that makes them one of the best travel headphones available in the market. They feature a noise-rejecting dual-microphone system that makes them great for voice pick-up and calls.
They have a dedicated action button that lets you choose between Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. However, they do come with a battery life of 20 hours, which is not as great as others on our list.
- Lightweight, sturdy, and very comfortable
- Can connect to Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Feature a noise-canceling dual-microphone system
- Irreplaceable battery
- Only 20 hours of battery life
Looking for the best commuting headphones that are supremely comfortable and deliver excellent sound? Sony WH-1000XM4 will become your commuting partner….that and you can’t have a list with Bose on it without having the competing Sony on the same list, it’s not sporting.
- They have a rechargeable battery that delivers 30 hours of continuous playback time
- They feature a relatively comfortable design; the soft padding doesn’t push onto the contours of your head
- The microphone works great; no need to unplug your headphones to pick up a call
- Want to take a nap on the train? Turn on the noise-cancelation mode and play nothing
- They feature the ‘Quick Attention’ mode that lets in outside whisper—great if you want to hear an announcement on the Subway
These Sony XM4 headphones are very comfortable and lightweight. However, the headband is made of plastic, which we don’t appreciate very much. XM4 have an improved microphone, so whoever you call should be able to hear you clearly.
One of the biggest pros of the headphones is the Quick Attention mode. You won’t have to take off your headphones to hear what your colleague is saying; simply hold your hand over the cup to reduce the sound levels.
- Quick Attention mode
- 27 hours of continuous playback time
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Top notch noise cancelation
- Plastic headband
If you breathe and live music, you need to get your hands on these headphones!
- Great sound isolation—no need to worry about disturbing others with your rock music
- These are recommended by the most popular DJs, which basically tells you how great the active noise isolation is
- They’re super lightweight; not heavy on the head
- The headphones feature lightweight aluminum voice calls
- They feature a single-sided cable—no more twisting and tangling
The Sennheiser 25 headphones are recommended by DJs all over the world. With all the chanting and giant speakers on stage, these headphones cancel the noise incredibly well. They are very comfortable and lightweight, which makes them ideal for long commutes.
The sound quality is great, and if you have a passion for creating music, these will come in handy. They are really durable; even if you manage to break them, you can find the replaceable parts easily.
- Lightweight, comfortable and durable
- Great sound quality
- Great active noise cancelation
- DJ recommended
- Earpads can get hot
- Not ANC
Looking for travel headphones with solid built, phenomenal sound quality, and excellent battery life? Consider Beats – they are
backed owned by Apple afterall.
- Up to 22 hours of battery life which makes them ideal for long commutes and flights
- They come with a hard case that keeps the headphones safe from scratches
- These headphones are sturdy—don’t worry about breakage and mild water damage
- A 10-minute quick charge gives a 3-hour playback time
- They feature Pure Adaptive Noise Cancelation, which blocks outside noise
- With multi work on-ear controls, you can control volume, take calls, and enact Siri
Your long commute can become bearable with these headphones. If you are a sucker for good quality music, the sound quality of this pair will make you fall in absolute love with it; the sound is well-balanced with no harsh highs.
There are 5 LED lights to tell you much battery is left. To turn noise cancelation on/off, you simply have to double-tap the power button. The headphones are very sturdy and they charge quickly, providing 22 hours of playback time with ANC turned on.
- Lightweight, comfortable, and sturdy
- 22-hour continuous playback time
- A budget-friendly option
- Noise-canceling is not promising in comparison to other headphones on our list
Looking for the best commuting headphones that can block outside noise completely? Why not invest in Bose Noise Canceling headphones 700?
These are a bit pricier than the QC 35ii but they do have multiple options for the level of noise-canceling you can choose.
- The microphone works great; you will sound extremely clear and crisp
- They are lightweight and very well padded; you can wear them for long commutes without feeling fatigued
- They come with a hard case that looks good and performs well too
- They have a better design than Bose QuietComfort 35 II. They are built better, feel very high quality, and carry a stainless steel headband. We can say that these are better than Bose QuietComfort 35 II (but the 35ii are still top pick for price, comfort and durability)
- The headphones feature powerful noise cancelation making them one of the best ones available in the market
- You can enjoy 20 hours of constant playback
Bose brings on advancement with every new pair of headphones they release. The noise cancelation and no sound leakage make them ideal for commute. These are one of the most amazing-looking headphones that we have seen.
Download the app, and you will be able to switch between devices. You can choose between Amazon Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant—that’s one great feature that the headphones possess.
The battery life is not great in comparison to other headphones on the list.
- They come with a hard case
- Powerful noise cancelation
- They are very sturdy and lightweight
- They are built better than other Bose headphones
- Only 20 hours of playback time
Looking for great-looking headphones that deliver fantastic sound quality and cut out the commuting noise? Audio-Technica ATH-ANC700BT are the one to go for.
I owned some of the earlier models of the Audio-Technica ATH ANC headphones and thought they were amazing value for money. The ATH-m50x are still a massive seller for Audio-Technica and I only mention those to illustrate the they know what they are doing with good sounding headphones.
- The headphones look incredibly good; they are matte black with a very sturdy built
- They are lightweight and can be comfortably worn for long hours without giving a pressure headache
- The sound quality is impressive; the bass sounds pretty well, and the overall sound is balanced and natural
- They give 25 hours of continuous playback time. It takes 5 hours to fully charge the headphones
- The noise cancelation feature is really strong; it cuts out the commuting noise exceptionally well
- It comes with a soft carrying case that keeps the headphones safe from scratches
If you are not looking for much and just headphones that wouldn’t leak sound, offer ANC, deliver good sound quality, offer 20+ hours of playback time, and won’t make you feel fatigued, get Audio-Technica ATH-ANC700BT.
They look good, but the matte black material picks on fingerprints. To pair the headphones, you have to turn your headphones and pair them through your connecting device—old fashion but simple.
- Excellent battery life with 25 hours of playback time
- Great at canceling noise
- Well-balanced and natural sound quality
- Can be comfortably worn for long hours
- The black matte material catches fingerprints
Looking for headphones that deliver transparent and detailed sound without leaking it? You have found your travel companion!
The PX 5 are cheaper than the PX 7 and still a great choice. Well, either is really if you have the money.
- These headphones look and feel incredible; they are covered with navy-blue ballistic nylon that makes them sturdy. The gold accent draws the design together
- They give 25 hours of continuous playback time. They charge fast; 1.5 hours, and you are good to go
- They have multiple noise-canceling settings; you can toggle through three modes and see which one works for you
- What makes these the best headphones is the auto-pause feature; through this sensor, you can pause whatever you are listening to by taking the headphones off
- Their leakage and isolation performance is incredible; you won’t hear outside noise, and no one will be able to hear you
There’s no denying it, these are some of the best commuting headphones that you will ever come across. Bombarded with additional features that you didn’t know you needed, B&W PX wireless headphones are one of a kind.
The auto-pause feature is one of the best things about these headphones. Whatever you are listening to gets paused when you take your headphones off. To resume it, you have to put your headphones back on again.
- 25-hour battery life
- Multiple noise-canceling settings
- Carry an auto-pause feature
- Look and feel phenomenal
- None that we are aware of
Looking for a good pair of lightweight, comfortable, compact, and great-sounding headphones? With Sennheiser Momentum 2.0, say goodbye to your boring commuting days.
I always sold a ton of these and was never sure if it was the brand name, the style or sound quality that made them so successful. I tried them. It was all three things that made Momentum such a big seller, especially for commuters looking for a closed-back headphone.
- The headphones are super comfortable; they carry spacious, well-padded, and softer earcups that work great for long listening sessions
- They are straightforward to use; they don’t have a dedicated button to turn on Bluetooth. It gets paired as soon as you turn on the headphones
- Noise cancelation is really strong; one of the best out there
- They are foldable and come with a carrying case that prevents scratches
- They carry an in-line microphone
- The sound quality is excellent. They don’t sound harsh, and music comes through loud and crisp
For longer commutes, you need to get headphones that can be comfortably worn for a long time, and Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 provide just that. It’s not just the looks and feel, these headphones deliver great sound quality with no harshness and distortion.
Simplicity is the brand’s primary focus; there’s no dedicated button for Bluetooth. They come with a microphone—no need to unplug your headphones to answer a call. The sound is great, noise cancelation is strong—overall, a great pair to invest in.
- 25-hour battery life
- Powerful noise cancelation
- Earcups are soft and well-padded
- A bit pricey
My final thoughts on choosing the perfect commuting headphones
A long commute can be tiring, and what can make it better is some music and podcasts. We hope you were able to find the right commuting headphone for your personal listening style from our list. Any one is a good choice.
Just swipe right for what looks good…wait…what?
While looking for the best commuting headphones, keep the following things in mind:
- Make sure they are comfortable – don’t get too hot, light. If you have a large head consider our list of headphones for big heads.
- You don’t want to charge them very often, so look for something that offers 20+ hours of battery life – but also don’t be lazy and forget to charge things when you can
- Look for the ones that offer powerful noise cancelation – this is a major deal when you can block the sound and arrive relaxed and clear of mind, trust me, you’ll be amazed if you haven’t tried ANC headphones before
- Invest in headphones that don’t leak sound – don’t be that guy
- Look for additional features such as auto-pause and quick attention mode – for when you do have to pay attention in a hurry
This post was last updated on 2021-10-16 / Some images from Amazon Product API & some links may be affiliate links which may earn us a commission from purchases.