When it comes to listening to quality music Apple’s AirPods are one of the best options available in the market. For sure, Apple doesn’t compromise with the quality. Then again like many other electronic devices, AirPods can also have some issues every now and then. To get rid of the issue you may need to reset your AirPods. The problem is, it seems Apple is not eager to tell you how to do this. Here we are to guide you with resetting your AirPods.
Reset Your AirPods
To reset your AirPods you need to hold down the button on the back of the AirPods charging case until the light turns amber. Boom! Your resetting is done. But if you have already tried this and unfortunately are not been able to successfully do it, here is a detailed guide for you.
- First, make sure that you charge your AirPods for a couple of minutes so that there is power.
- Find the small button on the back of the AirPods’ charging case.
- Hold the button down for atleast 15 seconds until the LED light on the case changes from white to amber.
- After resetting the AirPods pair them with your IOS device. The pairing process is simple, hold your AirPods and your IOS device close together and you should be able to connect.
- While resetting hold the reset button away from the phone you’re trying to unpair from. If it’s too close, it will just pull in all the same data as before.
- Change the name of your AirPods. To do that go to Settings > Bluetooth, then click the info (‘i’) button next to the AirPods to change their name.
Reset AirPods Max
Apple’s first over-ear headphones, AirPods Max is one of the best noise-canceling headphones available in the market. Resetting AirPods Max is a little bit confusing as there is no power button in the AirPods Max. But don’t worry we are here for you. To reset your AirPods Max follow these simple steps:
- As with the other AirPods, make sure that you charge the AirPods Max for a couple of minutes so that there is enough power.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown and Noise Control buttons together
- Hold the buttons for at least 15 seconds, until the LED flashes amber, then white.
- Release the buttons and your AirPods Max is reset.
- Pair them up with your iCloud account again. The pairing process is simple, hold your AirPods Max and your IOS device close together and you should be able to connect.
- If you want to reset the AirPods Max to factory settings and unpair them from your iCloud account,follow the previous steps, but wait for the LED to change from flashing amber to white.