We all know that AirPods are currently some of the most loved and appreciated earbuds on the market. Although there are various reasons for that, as everyone has a different taste, we can all agree on one thing. The bass in these earbuds rocks.
But what happens when you listen to your favorite tune on your AirPods and the bass is not quite hitting the right spot? You feel like it is there, but not a lot. Well, I’m here to offer a solution.
As the bass feature is extremely important for me as well, I have decided to share with you the best and most effective methods for making that bass in AirPods really pop, without popping your eardrum, of course.
So, how to bass boost AirPods, you ask? Well, keep reading to find the answer.
How to Bass Boost AirPods
If you are looking for a specific feature bass boost AirPods, I’m sorry to disappoint you, but these earbuds do not come with this particular option. Because of this, many AirPods users started looking for alternative solutions as the private discos in their ears lacked the bass.
That said, as I was also curious to see which were the best ways to increase the bass on these earbuds, I did thorough research and tested numerous methods. Are you curious about what I have found?
If you are and you want to know how to bass boost AirPods, get in your investigative mode and start exploring with me below.
Turn on the bass booster for Apple Music
The first and most obvious way to boost AirPods is by turning on the bass booster for Apple Music. Doing this is extremely straightforward and may drastically change the overall sound quality, especially the bass, in your music listening experience.
Whenever you are streaming Apple Music, ensure that this option is on. I guarantee you that by turning on the bass booster, the bass will be as powerful as if you are at a live rock concert; just saying.
How to turn on the bass booster for Apple Music
- The first step you must do to feel like you are in a rock or hip-hop concert is to take your iPhone, unlock it, and open Settings.
- Next, scroll down in the Settings option until you find Music.
- In the Music setting, under the Audio, you will see an option called “EQ”. Tap on it.
- Under the “EQ” option, you will see various choices. Find the Bass Booster and select it by tapping once on it.
- After doing this, try streaming some music from the Apple Music application. You will significantly notice the difference and the increased bass. This option is often enough to feel the powerful bass in your music.
Remember that this option will only work for music streamed from Apple Music. If you want to stream videos, podcasts, or music from other apps, you must try some of the other methods below.
Use a custom audio setup
Another great way to boost the bass on AirPods is to use a custom audio setup. Worry not; although this might sound complicated, you can do it within only a few minutes. This way, after you use the custom audio setup, the final result will be much better-sounding music. And a greater bass party in your ears too.
How to create a custom audio setup for your AirPods
- The first step in creating a custom audio setup for your AirPods is to, of course, take and unlock your iPhone or other connected device and open Settings.
- Next, scroll down in Settings until you find the “Accessibility” option. Tap on it.
- Under the “Accessibility” option, go to “Audio/Visual” and find the balance slider.
- Then, find “Headphone Accommodations” and tap on “Custom Audio Setup”.
- After doing this, you will be presented with various instructions. Ensure to follow them carefully.
- Finally, choose the “Use Custom Settings” option to apply and save all the modifications you have done.
Increase the sound quality in your music streaming app
In case you are using some third-party music streaming app and simultaneously want to bass boost AirPods, you can make that happen too. As these instructions work like magic, ensure to follow them carefully.
Additionally, as there are thousands upon thousands of music players and streaming services, we will take a look at boosting the bass in the two most popular ones, Spotify and Pandora. But remember that as almost all music streaming apps work in the same principle, these instructions can be similar and apply to them too.
- First, you must open the Spotify application on your device.
- Then, you need to tap on the Settings gear icon in the top right corner.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down until you find “Audio Quality”. Select it.
- After doing so, scroll further down and tap the toggle next to the “Normalize Audio” option (you need to turn it off).
- Finally, scroll down and toggle off the “Auto Adjust Audio”.
By doing this and playing around with some of these options, you can boost the bass and enjoy its powerful sound.
- Open the Pandora app and tap on the Settings icon.
- Next, in the Setting menu, tap on the “Advanced” option.
- Toggle the switch next to “Higher Quality Audio” (it needs to turn blue).
- After doing this, Pandora will prioritize music features, such as bass, for a high-quality listening experience.
Try turning off active noise cancellation
Finally, the last method you can learn how to bass boost AirPods is turning off active noise cancellation.
When you want a better bass response in your AirPods, I strongly recommend turning off this feature. Of course, this might be a bad idea if you are in busy streets or more dangerous surroundings. But, if you are at home or somewhere safe and want a private music party only with yourself, doing this might be ideal.
This is because active noise cancellation impacts the quality of the music, especially the low and high end of the frequency spectrum. This means that when this feature is on, you are left with blunt and low music quality.
Slava is a man of mystery and no-one seems to know exactly where he is at any point in time. When he isn't enjoying writing about all things audio and technical he can be found researching his next project of interest. The man never rests.