One of the most popular True Wireless Stereo (TWS) buds available on the market is the Apple AirPods. And whether you have the 1st generation, 2nd, 3rd, or the Pro, there is a high chance that you have been using it for a proper amount of time. So, it is pretty likely that you have not taken the time to learn how to clean your AirPods to make them louder in a good while.
And by taking a closer look at the drivers, you will find not only earwax but also a lot of grime and dust accumulated on the surface. Do you know what these are doing? They are muffling the sound and making your buds sound less loud.
Fret-not! You can effortlessly get all of those grimes, dust, and earwax away. And no, you will not even need to get a full-fledged AirPods cleaning kit for that. Want to know all about this effortless cleaning process? Let’s dive in!
How to Clean Your AirPods to Make Them Louder?
Learning how to clean AirPods for better sound is pretty straightforward. In fact, even the Apple-approved tips are pretty easy to follow. See it for yourself:
Correctly Clean AirPods and AirPods Pro:
- First, inspect whether there is water in any of the air tips. The simplest way to do that would be to shine your flashlight on the top. If you do find any water, get the ear tips dry by getting yourself a dry, soft, and lint-free cloth. Tap on the tip by keeping the opening face down.
- Next, pull the tips off the buds and put them under running water. Do not use soap because that might damage the tips.
- Wipe the tips with a dry cloth and keep them in an open place to dry.
- Get yourself some organic solvent, otherwise known as rubbing or isopropyl alcohol, and some q-tips. Dip the q-tips on the organic solvent and clean the speaker mesh. Do not put too much force. Instead, just lightly dab to loosen up any of the dust, grime, or earwax build-up.
- Use another q-tip dipped in the organic solvent to clean the microphones. Ensure that they are not clogged.
- When the tips get dry, put them back into the buds.
Clean The AirPods Charging Case:
- Get a dry, lint-free, and soft cloth and dampen it up with the organic solvent. Use that cloth to get the surface of the charging case clean.
- Next, use a soft-bristled brush to get the lightning connector clean. Whatever you do, do not put the liquid on the connector.
Read More: 5 Best Micro HiFi System for Small Spaces
As you can see, learning how to clean your AirPods to make them louder is pretty straightforward. And if you carry out this cleaning process from time to time, you can ensure optimal overall performance for a prolonged amount of time.
Slava is a man of mystery and no-one seems to know exactly where he is at any point in time. When he isn't enjoying writing about all things audio and technical he can be found researching his next project of interest. The man never rests.