Current testing methodology is v1.2
The MINISO TB-19 is a budget wireless earphone with a dual dynamic driver.
If you’re not familiar with the brand, MINISO is a lifestyle product retailer from China, offering a wide range of products such as household goods, cosmetics, clothes, accessories, fitness gear, charging cords, and power banks.
Its products are said to be Japanese-inspired with clean lines and minimalist aesthetics, designed with function over form in mind. Think Muji, but a bit more affordable.
MINISO also has a line of audio devices like Bluetooth speakers, headphones, and earphones.
Although MINISO isn’t well-known specifically for manufacturing audio devices, the MINISO TB-19 is an excellent choice if you’re not that hands-on with earphones. This review will tell you why.
A surprising audio find from a lifestyle product retailer.
MINISO TB-19 is an excellent choice for people on a tight budget and looking for good-sounding earphones from a different and not-so-usual brand to manufacture audio devices.
It’s portable and quite easy to bring. You can simply wear them around your neck when you’re not in the mood to listen to some tunes.
For the months that I’ve been using the MINOSO TB-19, I can say that I’m satisfied with its performance.
- Colors: Black, Blue, Rose Gold
- Driver: Dual Dynamic Driver
- Earphone Dimensions: 92 x 1 cm x 1 cm
- Frequency: 20Hz-20kHz
- Impedance: 16 Ω +/-15%
- Sensitivity: 99±3dB
What’s in the Box?
- MINISO TB-19 earphones
- 3 x silicone ear tips
- 1 x Type C-USB charging cable
- Instruction manual
Stuff I like
- Sound is clean
- Perfect fit for the ears
- Large battery capacity
- Comfortable to wear around the neck for a long time
- Good material used
Stuff I like less
- Millisecond delays when watching videos
- The bass could use a bit of work
- Noise cancellation needs improvement
The MINISO TB-19 came with a simple box and the usual accessories you’d see when buying earphones.
Its design and build are much better than what you’d expect for its price. It has a sleek and minimalist look that gives it a premium feel.
The rubber neckband gives the user comfort even when it’s worn for a long time. The plastic covering the earphones’ electronic parts is kinda fragile if you’ll observe.
It’s available in a few colors and I got mine in black.
The MINISO TB-19 didn’t disappoint in terms of aesthetics, and the same goes for its build.
The neckband is durable. I’ve fallen asleep while wearing it at some point and when I woke up, the earphones were still intact and not tangled around my neck, even though I move a lot when I’m sleeping.
The cables were also good and kinda stretchy, although I don’t know how and why. Overall, the quality is decent.
Fit and Comfort
The MINISO TB-19 is so light that you won’t feel anything while wearing it around your neck. It’s lightweight and comfy, which makes it suitable for sports and for working out.
The ear tips were also a good fit for my ears and aren’t painful even when worn for long periods. The magnets also help the earphones stay intact.
I think MINISO TB-19’s bass is balanced, which makes it perfect for people who listen to music just for leisure.
It’s got a slightly V-shaped sound with its elevated bass sound at some tracks, although some bass lovers might find that this earphone’s bass needs to be improved.
The highs are also remarkable by emphasizing it, giving a nice blend with other frequencies.
The bass of the MINSO TB-19 is good though it needs a bit of clarity.
Some bass parts were also noticeable, especially when the bass notes were higher. I also needed a different setting on the equalizer when using these earphones.
The mids give a warm, clear sound, delivering a balanced frequency with other sections.
Another thing I’d like to commend is the tonality and the naturality, which makes the MINISO TB-19’s mids a good deal with its price.
Despite the treble peaks at some tracks, it didn’t cause discomfort in my ears, but rather a part you can’t un-hear.
The treble has some distinct characteristics and keeps up with other sections, which makes MINISO TB-19 a good choice for beginners.
I have tested the MINISO TB-19 on different genres of music to get a proper understanding of how these IEMs sound. I have listed below the different tracks I’ve used and my analysis of them:
- Metal / Rock – The mids were nicely displayed with the different tracks I listened to, making it distinguishable while listening to other frequencies. The vocals were also neatly showcased in these songs. Tracks used: Bulls On Parade (Rage Against The Machine), Seven Nation Army (The White Stripes), Can’t Stop (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
- K-Pop – MINISO TB-19 didn’t fail to deliver these tracks’ vocals neatly, which is a big thing for K-Pop listeners. The drum tracks of these songs were also balanced and not recessed. Though I noticed some treble peaks, it isn’t noticeable in the long run. Tracks used: POP! (NAYEON), The Feels (TWICE)
- Hip-hop – The MINISO TB-19 emphasized the vocals without overpowering the instruments. The synths were also given emphasis, but the bass section could use some improvement. Tracks used: Hold On, We’re Going Home (Drake), Location (Khalid), All Of The Lights (Kanye West)
- Indie – The balanced frequencies of MINISO TB-19’s showcased these different tracks’ cool instruments. The “Shouldn’t Be” instrumentals could use more tweaks, but the vocals were remarkable. Though at some point, some instruments were unnoticeable and treble peaks were also heard. Tracks used: I’m In Love With You (the 1975), rocket science (vaultboy), Shouldn’t Be (Luke Chiang)
- R&B/Soul – The reverb on the tracks was so good which gave them more feeling. The guitars and similar instruments were also presented neatly, although the bass could use more power. Tracks used: IT’S YOU (MAX, Keshi), Moments (Micah Edwards), Too Good (Christian Kuria)
For a brand that isn’t known to manufacture audio devices and equipment, MINISO TB-19 didn’t disappoint me.
It has distinct characteristics you can’t find in other devices or IEMs.
I hope the brand will eventually improve what they’ve been lacking with the TB-19. Overall, the MINISO TB-19 is a good deal for its price.
Shaik, a college student, part-time musician, and proud fur parent. Currently pursuing his degree in architecture.
As a part-time musician, Shaik enjoys expressing his self creatively through music. Whether it's writing original songs or performing covers, music is a significant part of Shaik's life
This post was last updated on 2023-12-02 / Some images from Amazon Product API & some links may be affiliate links which may earn us a commission from purchases.